This function converts the analog signal produced by load cells for weight measurement, connected via terminal blocks, into a digital signal that can be processed by a microcontroller. It is based on the ADS1115 chip.
- 16-bit resolution
- From 8 to 860 Samples per second
- I2C interface
- 4 Single-Ended / 2 Differential Inputs
Adafruit have developed a library for the ADS1X15 ADC family, available in this GitHub repository.
- terminal block to plug the wires of up to 2 load cells in differential mode (load cells not included)
- the I2C address can be customised, which is especially useful to avoid address conflicts when using several of these functions
- the interrupt of the ADS1115 can optionally be connected to the host in addition to the I2C interface