The VEML6070 is an advanced ultraviolet (UV) light sensor with I2C protocol interface. It incorporates a photodiode, amplifiers and analog/digital circuits into one single chip. It has a good temperature compensation and a robust refresh rate setting. Software shutdown mode is provided and reduces power consumption.
- Converts solar UV light intensity into digital data
- Good UV sensitivity and linearity
- Good temperature compensation
- Support acknowledge feature
- Standard I2C protocol interface
- Solar UV indicator
Adafruit have developed a library for the VEML6070 sensor which you can find on GitHub.